Wednesday 20 July 2011

Teaching Aanya 'No'

Spent all day yesterday teaching Aanya not to pull my glasses. She's broken two already and has hurt herself with them. Just tried a simple process of saying no while prying her fingers away from my glasses.

She really seems to understand. The first time I said no she pulled again and again at least 4-5 times. Then she brought her hand close but didn't touch it waiting for me to say no. She also tried being cute by winking her eyes and smiling. When that didn't work she looked away and pulled on my glasses (not looking at me means she doesn't know that I'm telling her not to do it?).

It was the cutest thing to watch. And I smiled. Big mistake... that meant that I wasn't upset anymore and she started pulling on my glasses again. Back to square one!

No comments:

Post a Comment